
I love living in Southern CA.
No snow.
No 100+ degree temperatures.
Not too far from Mom & Dad.
Everything is quite lovely.
Except for one thing.
The stinkin' cost to buy a decent house.
I have spent hours upon hours house hunting.
Its funny how after a while, the price tags become just numbers.
But then every so often, I will stop and think...
"Is $500,000 for a 50 year old house really a good deal?"
I think I have come to accept this ridiculous-ness.
Yet, I have days where I find myself coming back to reality.
"No, a 50 year old house is NOT worth $500,000."
Today is one of those days.
I thought it would be "fun" to see what houses cost up North near my parents,
and in a few other choice cities outside of Southern CA.
I swear my eyes almost popped out of my head.
Seriously....
Bigger houses for a quarter of the cost of Orange County homes.
NO FAIR.
NO FAIRRR!!!!!!
I pouted for a bit.
Reconsidered if living down here is actually worth it.
Yes... it is worth it.
I haven't been this happy anywhere else.
It's where we need to be.
At least for now.
I am determined to find a deal on a place for us.
I always do.
I will beat the system.
House by Christmas.
Yes, it sounds perfect to me too.
I just don't understand why so many people want to live here.
Where are all those people losing their homes? I'll take one!
(Sorry that was kinda mean)
And most important...
Do people not know about earthquakes and CA dropping off into the ocean?
If only I won that dang HGTV house!
Just remember that getting a house doesn't have to come right away! You guys graduated a year ago and don't have children-- so no rush! ha ha Plus, the way I look at it... less to clean!
ReplyDelete:)