09 May 2011

Surprise Weekend

A little while back, Kevin told me he had a surprise planned for our anniversary.
I love surprises, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high.

As time got closer to our special day,
Kevin told me that I needed to take off from work the following Friday.
Ouuuh...
This is when I started to get a little excited.

A three-day weekend in general is exciting enough!

The week before, Kevin was doing his best to be all secretive.
It was kind of cute.
I knew I could totally do a little snooping and figure out what he had planned,
but I thought it would just be more fun to go along with it.

And here's when I got really, really, REALLY excited:
Wednesday night, Kevin told me I needed to pack a suitcase!!!

Omgosh.
Seriously?!
EXCITING!!!!!

That night, as I packed, I asked a bazillion questions on what I should bring.

Will it be hot?
Will I need comfy shoes?
Should I bring a swim suit?

His lips were sealed!
So I just packed a ridiculously large suitcase for one weekend.

All day at work on Thursday, I was so anxious for the work day to end.
At exactly 3:23PM I clocked out and walked happily out to the car to see Kevin's smiling face waiting.

"So where are we going?!?!?!"

He handed me the weekend itinerary,
which included a bunch of planned activities AND:

Two nights at a hotel and Disneyland/ CA adventure!!!!
I have been dying to go to Disneyland.
Seriously, dying to go.
And staying in a hotel made the whole thing a real vacation!

Not only were we going to Disneyland and CA Adventure,
we had reservations at

This is when my jaw dropped.
I was beyond excited.







Club 33 was basically the coolest place ever!
Mainly because it's a Disney secret and totally exclusive.
The food was definitely taaaaasty,
especially the dessert bar.







(Disneyland was the only place my little camera got some action.)


Life and 3 years of marriage is good.

3 comments:

  1. what a fabulous surprise! Kevin did great!! and club 33?? how did he get those connections! awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a fab time! sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this looked like so much fun!! I want to go someday and eat that wonderful food at club 33 and hangout at disneyland - both parks and stay in their cool hotel! But right now I am not cool enough to get in club 33. I guess it is who you know and who your husband works for :) But..soon we will have passes so that will be kind of cool!

    ReplyDelete