27 June 2010

Moo-Laa

Dontcha Wish Money Grew on Trees?

I do.

Actually...
I wish money only grew on one tree
and that I secretly owned that only money growing tree.

Wouldn't that be nice?!

And don't worry,
I'd totally share with all my friends and family.

Of course after I travel the world,
buy lots of pretty things,
donate to charities,
and put a big 'ol hunk into a retirement thing-a-ma-jig.

It's just that knowing that we have a 40+ years of work ahead of us
is quite depressing.

My day dreaming of money trees usually gets blindsided (thankfully) by
thoughts of President Uchtdorf's talk on Patience.

"Patience—the ability to put our desires on hold for a time—is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter.

Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace."


And that is what it's all about.
Patience.

But as Travis McCoy sings it....
"I wanna be a billionaire, so freakin' bad...."



No comments:

Post a Comment