So far in Las Vegas, I have learned:
1. Drivers here are CRAZY. Like seriously. I thought Utah drivers were bad... Nevada drivers are like 10 times worse! NO ONE drives the speed limit and I am constantly being passed no matter where or when I am driving.
2. Every one's car windows are tinted. It makes me feel like I am the only live person on the road since every time I look to my left or right, I see black windows instead of people. Apparently having tinted windows makes a car much cooler. Which Kevin and I have found to be very true (in our brand-spankin' new car!).
3. You can get your oil changed for $9.99! Haha... totally random, but I see those signs everywhere.
4. It's practically impossible to get lost because the same streets run top to bottom and side to side throughout the ENTIRE city.
5. The weather here isn't so bad... yet. Since it is soooo dry, higher temperatures are more bearable. But let's see how I feel during July.
6. I put on lotion all day, every day like my life depended on it. I now know what it is like to live in a desert.
7. The Las Vegas temple is awesome. Walking inside is like going through a time warp back to the early 80's. Yet the spirit is incredibly strong.
8. Buffets are EVERYWHERE; even 20 miles away from the strip! We haven't been to one yet, but I'm hoping to go soon.
9. When I see people who have grass in their front yard, rather than rocks, I totally assume they're rich. And when I see yards where even the rocks aren't taken care of (Yeah, I know right?! How can you not take care of rocks), I assume the house is foreclosed.
10. I absolutely love it here. If anyone is looking for an reason to come to Vegas, let me be that excuse :)
Las Vegas
word.
what kind of car did u guys get!?
ReplyDeleteSo you did get your Corolla after all? Miss you girlie
ReplyDelete