
So the other morning, I decided to try something new for my morning workout.
Inconsistently, I have been jogging on the jogger trail by our place before work.
I'm not really into running and the idea of roller-blading has been in the back of my mind for a while now.
And I since I own roller-blades at the age of 23, I am awesome.
Kevin is totally embarrassed of my and my roller-blades.
He just doesn't get it.
So this particular morning, I got over my insecurity of wearing shorts with roller-blades.
To me, roller-blades make everyone's legs look fat.
But wearing pants to work-out in, outside, in Las Vegas...is a joke.
There I am strappin' my blades up on our front step.
I admire the coolness of the blades and reminisce for a second of how roller-blading used to be the coolest thing ever.
Mighty Ducks.
That's all I got to say.
Also, I am proud to say my grandparents bought me my first roller-blades for jumping off the roof of the houseboat.
Seriously, what kid wouldn't do that for roller-blades?!
Not me...
or my cousins.
After getting all strapped in, I stand up.
Hmmm....
I remember roller-blades feeling a lot more sturdy...
Ehh.
I assume I just need to warm up.
I begin to glide down the side walk.
Why do all the cracks in the sidewalk suddenly feel SO much bigger?
I refuse to admit that my blading skills aren't as savvy as they were when I was like 8,
and continue onward.
After a while, my strides do seem to feel a little more natural.
See, I was right.
I continue on my journey and by the time I get to the down-hill part, I feel somewhat confident.
Down the hill I go...
This is when I started to get scared.
I begin to gain speed.
As a kid, I'd zoom down the hill by my house, no prob.
Now I am searching ahead for grass to run into in case I lose control.
And what do I see?!
ROCKS.
Oh lovely.
I being trying out braking methods I used back in the day:
I used the stopper in the back.
Dragged one skate behind the other.
Swerved side to side.
All while my arms are stuck straight out to the side for balance.
(At this point I couldn't care less how goofy I looked)
During this entire time, I imagine myself tripping over a crack in the side walk or a lose rock and face planting. And then I started to think about how if that happened,
how would I get home?!
Who would save me?!
Maybe roller-blading wasn't such a good idea.
Luckily I survived.
And the rest of my outing was uphill, which was just what I wanted.
My blades might be stayin' in the garage for a while.
I'm impressed! Nice work! After this baby comes i'm going to need to get creative like with my work outs!!
ReplyDeleteHAHAH. This made me giggle.
ReplyDelete