23 October 2009

Hiking the "Y"

I have lived in Provo for over 4 years and had never hiked the "Y". I don't even know why I have never made the hike either.

Kevin has been wanting to hike up there since we were dating. Luckily something has always "came up", so we never have. But since this is our LAST year of school and we are trying to experience everything in Provo one LAST time, we finally hiked the "Y". The thought of going on a hike sounded appealing and the weather was perfect.

Our destination


The view of the "Y" from our home.


At the gate before we began our adventure


And we are off!


After a while, I started to get tired. The hike was a bunch of switchbacks, and I wasn't into just walking back and forth, back and forth.


But then we saw more pretty leaves and I was happy.


Almost there!!!


Wahoo! We made it!!!




(The middle pic of me is dedicated to my brother)





The view from the "Y" was beautiful and I am glad we did it. But, I doubt I will ever do it again. The hike proved to me even more that I would rather work out in a gym and drive up the mountain to see the view. While we were hiking up, I kept thinking about snakes and mountain lions. LOL. Don't ask me why. I guess I am not a hiking gal. But don't get me wrong, I love the out doors and all, but not so much the hiking. Well wait, I enjoy hiking at Lake Shasta, so maybe I do like hiking. Whatever...



3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did it!!! Yay for you guys! Now Kendra needs to hike it! The pictures were beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get so cute?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a double date would be SPLENDID with you two :) And congrats on the Y hike, I heard it's not easy.

    ReplyDelete