All I know is that I would LOVE for this week to go by fast.
Seriously.
I have no interest in this school week and I am already looking forward to the weekend. This past weekend did not fulfill my needs for relaxation and "me time".
Anyways...
Yesterday, we had pancakes again- just like last Sunday. I don't know what it is about Kevin and his love for pancakes. Maybe it's because of the super-yummy recipe I found. Either way, it makes it easy for me! Normally, I am not a huge fan of pancakes. I am more of a waffle or french toast kind of gal. But I bought some Ghirardelli chocolate chips the other day, so of course, when I am faced with the desire for something chocolaty, I head for chocolate chips. Well, the past two Sunday's, this urge for having something chocolaty has greeted me around the same time I was making pancakes. I decided to drop a few in the dough and make some chocolate-chip pancakes. Ouhhh baby! I fell in love. So now there are two pancake lovers in our home, me being the chocolate-chip pancake lover.
I know I will take back these words as soon as it actually starts snowing regularly, but...
I am excited for snow!
That is right, I said it. I am kind of excited to HAVE to wear the cozy winter coats and boots. The majority of the pretty fall leaves have hit the ground and now the trees are lookin' bare. I think snow would be the perfect accessory for them.
I was at Michael's on Saturday and noticed all the Christmas decor throughout the store. Instantly, I became so excited for Christmas. I almost forgot that we still have Halloween AND Thanksgiving. So I quickly subsided my excitement for Christmas and thought of the upcoming holidays. Why rush the holiday season, ya know?! However, during my few minutes of Christmas excitement, I decided that this year, we are going all out. Not in Christmas gifts and spending money- we all know how a college student's budget goes, but in having the "holiday spirit". And I mean everything, wait and see. But I have really been into cooking and baking lately and I plan to :
1. bake a homemade pie
2. make fudge
3. make some type of spice bread
4. make as many holiday cookies as possible
5. make a holiday treat that I have never heard of or tried
6. make toffee
Sounds delicious right?!
Yeah, there is no stopping the extra holiday weight gain here.
So my dad is in the Philippines right now, and has been there for about a week. In case you didn't know, that is where he is from and will visit every year or so. Naturally, he went to see my brother right away during this year's trip.
(But seeing Cliff wasn't the only reason why he went to the Philippines).
Luckily Cliff's mission president was understanding of the situation, and allowed for Cliff to have lunch with my dad. I can only imagine how excited my dad was to see Cliff.
You see, my dad hasn't had the easiest time dealing with Cliff being gone. I can understand my dad's position and the difficulties of being supportive to a son leaving for 2 years to serve for a church you are not a part of. But I think my brother being called to serve in the Philippines is no coincidence either.
Anyways... my dad told my mom that Cliff's Tagalog was surprisingly good! He could have entire conversations with Cliff. How cool is that!? I am totally jealous. Now my dad and Cliff have a code language they can leave my mom and I out of. No Fair! And Cliff still has over a year left; his Tagalog should be great by then. Well, I feel like I have missed Cliffy EVEN MORE over the past week. He's the only sibling I got! A little over 13 more months to go...Wahoo!
Over the weekend I totally watched Halloweentown, Halloweentown 2, Return to Halloweentown, and Halloweentown High. Never heard of these movies before? Check out the Disney Channel. Yup that's right. Me, a 22 year old married,college student watched these Disney Halloween movies. Just gettin' in the Halloween spirit! They were all pretty dang corny, but made me feel youthful. Don't worry, I was doing other things while the movies were on. So my day was not a complete waste. I remember watching and liking Halloweentown with my brother back in elementary school and thought I'd see how the rest of the movies turned out. Have I mentioned I miss my brother?
Well, I should get back to studying. My late afternoon and evening will consist of a quiz and an exam today. Lovely...
I caught Halloweentown last night as i was heading to bed :) Its funny how we are married and supposed to be grown up, yet sometimes we just need a little disney :) haha
ReplyDelete