Kevin and I went on our first camping trip together! We went up Spanish Fork Canyon to Diamond Campgrounds. We only stayed one night, but I guess you can say we had fun. Neither of us were impressed with the campground and I doubt we will ever go back. My favorite part was just sitting by the campfire. I am not into camping as much as I used to be. Maybe because we weren't at the campsite I grew accustomed to throughout my life growing up or maybe it was really just the campsite. Either way, it was extremely hot and there was no lake to go cool off in. Sad day, I know. I guess I was just spoiled in the camp grounds at Lake Oriville! The campgrounds were about a 45 minute drive from our house and driving up the canyon was of course beautiful. The gorgeous scenery is definitely something Utah is good for. When we arrived at the campground, we chose our campsite. It was a first come, first serve place where you pay for the night in a drop box. I had never seen that system before, so luckily we were there early enough! Kevin set up our tent (that is the one part I strongly dislike about camping).
Luckily, it didn't take long for the sun to go down! I am positive I would have melted. For dinner, we simply roasted hot dogs and they were actually pretty tasty! The rest of the evening we just sat around the fire.
Included with all of our camping goodies, where or course, Kevin's favorite candy, circus peanuts.
Kevin enjoyed eating them...
I enjoyed roasting them!
We ended up leaving by about 8:30AM on Saturday and went home and slept. To say the least, Kevin and I aren't the most exciting newlywed couple, but we do have fun!
aww we did the same exact thing about 2 months ago... we arent fun either. we need more married friends. xoxox
ReplyDeletethat is so cool....miss ya..
ReplyDelete