17 June 2008

Summer is here!

It looks like Summer is finally here in Utah. The temperature has been very warm this past week. Thank goodness for fans and basements! I have noticed I have been slacking with my picture taking. So starting today, I will begin my picture-taking-craziness. Hopefully more pictures will make this blog more interesting! Last week Kevin, had his first client come and record with him in his home studio. They recorded throughout the day and from what Kevin tells me, they had a good session. Now, Kevin is working on (I think it's called) mixing and mastering the music. It is pretty interesting to see how much goes into one song; very time consuming. For those of you who have not heard some of the recordings Kevin has done, check him out on myspace at:


www.myspace.com/vanguardrecordings

(recordings Kevin has done)


www.myspace.com/langleydrive

(Kevin's band)


As for me, I have just been working for the most part. I cannot figure out how to make my sewing machine work, so it looks like my sewing projects will be postponed. I think I will move onto little home decor projects. When Kevin and I were at Seagull book last weekend, I got some ideas for a few projects I could do myself! I am excited for that. Lately, I have been watching a show on TLC called Jon and Kate plus 8 The show is really cute. It is a realty show with a family that consists of one set of twins and a set of sextuplets (6 children). I think watching the show is fun and it really makes me excited to have children of my own some day. I definitely won't be having sextuplets (at least I hope I don't) but I think it's interesting to see how there family functions with so many children. I think any mother who is struggling raising children should watch the show; it would definitely make them realize how easy they have it with just one baby at a time!


Kevin and I are also looking for housing for this fall; If you happen to know of anywhere available, please let us know! Yesterday, was my brother, Cliff's 19th birthday. To celebrate his birthday (for the time he alloted me on his speical day), he came over and cooked! Yup, that's right! Cliff wanted to come over and cook. The recipe he chose to cook was a shrimp marinera with linguini with garlic bread! It was soooooooo yummy! For dessert, we had brownies and ice cream! My mom had a cake sent to Cliff; we ate that too! Seeing Cliff cook and how easy it was gives me a little bit of inspiration to do a little cooking myself! Kevin and I have been cooking real meals ourselves on most Sundays. Someday, that will be an everyday thing! EEKKKKS!


Last Friday, Kevin and I went on our weekly dinner date to Brick Oven. (http://brickovenprovo.net/) Neither of us had been there before and it is a pretty popular pizza place in Provo. The restaurant was really nice, however, the whole time we were there we were wishing we were at BJ's in California instead. I guess no pizza restaurant compares! Hopefully someday, there will be a BJ's in Utah. One can only hope...


Last Saturday, I was able to spend time with my friend Mallory. It was so good to see her and catch up on everything that has been going on in our lives. It so happens that she just lives down the street! Very cool! She is also a Jon and Kate plus 8 fan, so hopefully we will get a chance to enjoy the show together and hang out more!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa and Kevin, love the blog and it is a great way to stay in contact with family and friends!!

    ReplyDelete