I always think of Halloween as a good time.
Dressing up is usually a must for me.
I had big plans for Kevin and I, but since he was in school Halloween night and was busy studying the weekend before, our festive Halloween celebrations were bypassed this year.
Laaaaame.....
Plus, since I have a fetus growing inside me that is holding hostage my usual energy and motivation to do anything besides lay on the couch. So costumes weren't much more than a thought in my mind for us.
However...
Earlier on in October, I had committed to dressing up with 2 of my fellow co-workers.
There was no way I could bail on them!
So, Halloween eve, I ventured to my local Ross Dress For Less store in search of exaggerated 80's workout attire.
BOOM CITY!
I hit the jackpot.
As I dressed myself Halloween morning, I noticed Kevin just shaking his head and smiling.
I think he was just happy that he was able to get passed Halloween without having to wear an embarrassing costume. And be probably liked seeing me smiling early in the morning, rather than hugging the toilet.
My costume was pretty rad...
Gnarly crimped hair.
Blue & Purple eye shadow.
Bright pink lipstick.
Head band.
Side half-pony tail w/ scrunchie.
Cut -off neon top.
Leotard.
Tiger leggings
Hot pink leg warmers.
Jazz shoes from when I was 13.
A pearl necklace, just to be classy.
All, while being 3 months pregnant.
I'm awesome.
Go big or go home, right?
(I am pulling the "pregnant card" as to the reason why our room is so messy. Don't judge!)
As each of my co-workers arrived, we all couldn't help but laughing at each other.
We were seriously so cool.
Of course, I stayed in character throughout the day....
-lunges as I walked to the break room
-80's style dance moves (Flashdance style)
-80's music played in our office all day
It was one of the funner days I've had in a while.
Laughter all day is seriously the best thing ever.
Oh, and we totally won our company's
Best Group Hallween Costume Contest!
(Here's some of the pic's we took that day, please note the knee braces, back brace, and geriatric work-out chair incorporated into our photos. Gotta represent our some of our products!)

Lisa, you crack me up. You little maniac, you.
ReplyDeleteShe's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she never danced before
She's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she never danced before
Love, Mom
Can we getta pregnancy update?! I always love reading your updates :)
ReplyDelete