30 January 2011

Sunday Bike Ride

Last Sunday, Kevin and I rode our bikes to his parent's house for Sunday dinner.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous!

We rode along the levee most of the way.
The whole time, I kept singing that one
"American Pie" song to myself.

You know,
the one that goes...

"Bye, Bye Miss American Pie,
drove my Chevy to the levee
but the levee was dry....."

I thought it was very fitting since we were riding along a levee!
And it is the only song I know with the work levee in it.

The ride was like 11 or so miles and took us a little over an hour.
I seriously felt so accomplished when we finally got there!
Even though the ride was in no way strenuous,
it felt dang good to have made it.

And the fact that I didn't eat any pavement or get hit by a car was also nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment