
"Can you believe the weather out there??"
99% of the time, this is the first thing a co-worker or someone visiting the office will say to me.
I'd say I have on average 30 or so conversations about the weather each day.
Last week it was about how ridiculously hot it was.
This week it has been about all the rain.
These repetitive conversations are starting to get kind of old.
Well I guess I can't really blame them, since it's not like people can just stop
and have a deep conversation with me.
(That might be a little weird.)
People are busy.
I get that.
But the weather?!
Come on.
There has to be something that we all have in common besides
experiencing the same weather!
Or even risk mentioning something we might not have in common!
For once, I'd love someone to say something different.
"I had the best breakfast this morning!"
"Do you want to hear a funny story?"
"Have you seen the movie..."
ANYTHING!
Ahhhh....
But speaking about the weather.
I love this rain.
It makes me think of home.
Which is weird because it's not like it rained all the time in Sacramento.
But rain was what happened during the winter periodically.
Yet, it rains periodically during the winter in Southern CA too.
I guess the correct way to put it is that having rain instead of snow,
makes me feel like I'm in CA.
Which I am!
It only rained a handful of times before it started snowing when we lived in Utah.
So I can't claim rain as being a reminder of Utah.
Snow, blah.
Glad that's over.
I've been enjoying this week so far,
and all the rain drops.
My desk faces all the windows and I love just staring outside.
A few people have mentioned (after first noting the weather),
that I have one of the best desks in the office because I
can see all the rain fall.
I agree.
The only hard part is that on days like these,
I just want to be at home in sweats,
curled up on the couch with a warm blanket,
watching some good shows,
and vegging out!
No comments:
Post a Comment