28 September 2010

LIFE


I graduated from college.
Isn’t LIFE supposed to start now?

Amy and I were talking about this last weekend and I’ve been thinking about it ever since.

I feel like I’ve been asking myself this question my whole life.
When is life going to start?

When I turn 16 and can drive?
When I turn 18 and legally become an adult?
When I graduate from high school?
When I leave for college?
When I move out of the dorms?
When I turn 20?
When I get married?
When I graduate from college?


And I’ve always answered it with some type of life milestone that I was waiting for at that particular time in my life.

But graduating from college.
Seriously.
That is the top-dog of all real life beginning milestones.

Or is it?

Because I still feel like I’m waiting for life to really start.

Maybe once Kevin get’s that dream job?
Maybe when I turn 25?
Maybe when we have kids?
Maybe when we pay a mortgage?


Who knows?!

Yet, when I look back on my life, and all I’ve done.
Life totally started.

And like everyone else, I haven’t lived the most perfect life nor has my life gone completely according to my mental plan.
But you know what, I really like my life.
So far so good!

I guess I should just stop thinking about when life is going to start.

Yet, there is one more thing I think about:
When am I gooing to feel like a “grown up”?

Once Kevin get’s that dream job?
When I turn 25?
When we have kids?
When we pay a mortgage?

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging again! I love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I hear, it's when you have a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll definetely feel like an adult when you have a kid. It's the greatest blessing!

    ReplyDelete