And a lot has happened.
Like...
We moved to California!
Say What?!?!
I know.
We just moved to Las Vegas less than 3 months ago!
Why in the heck are we moving again?!
Trust me, I asked myself that over and over when we were packing up all of our stuff last week.
And just an FYI: packing is 10x worse when you are on your period- cramps, back aches, moodiness, the works.
Glad to say I have a husband who truly loves me, and at times...puts up with a lot.
So how did this move come about you may be wondering?!
Keep reading.
I have always felt like Kevin and I would settle in California.
Both of our families are there, we are both from there, the weather is better there and who could honestly say they wouldn't want to live there?
But the high cost of living was a major turn-off for recent college grads.
That was when we set our sights on Las Vegas.
Before moving to Las Vegas, we visited a few times to check out a few different areas.
We found that we really liked North Las Vegas and especially loved the ward.
We liked that it was only a 4.5 hour drive to Southern CA.
The best part was that it was totally affordable.
So we made that our plan.
Move to Las Vegas after graduation.
And we did.
I just want to say that there was nothing wrong with Las Vegas.
I know in the past, some of you may have heard me speak about wishing I could "blow up Nevada".
I guess I should have clarified that my strong dislike for Nevada was due to the fact that like 6 of the 9 hour drive from Provo to Sacramento was through Nevada, which was nothing but dirt and the boringest thing in the world one would ever endure.
Anyways...
We really liked the area we were in; far enough away from The Strip, that it felt like we were in a completely different city, which we were- North Las Vegas.
I loved how the whole area was new, including all the stores surrounding us.
It's like we fit right in with this young part of town!
When it came to the heat, we just got used to it.
Occasionally, I would remind myself that heat is SO much better than snow.
But yeah, I just wanted to point out that we didn't leave Las Vegas because we didn't like it.
Moving on.
Remember a few months back when Kevin and I were going to get our Nevada Licenses?
After doing that post, I remember getting the feeling like,
"Lisaaaaa, you probably shouldn't do that!"
I just assumed it was my sub-conscience not wanting to have an ugly Nevada Licence.
So I ignored it.
Before going to the DMV, I pretty much studied and rechecked over and over all the stuff we needed to have with us.
I thought we needed some type of proof of residency, like an electric bill to prove we live somewhere in Nevada.
But on the "New to Nevada" checklist on the Nevada DMV website, it said nothing about brining proof of residency when switching to a Nevada License.
We we went and made sure we were there right when the DMV
opened, like any smart person would do.
Well... we actually got there 10 minutes early and the line already looked like a typical line at Disneyland!
Lovely.
We got in line, which was out the door and around the building.
We waiting for like an hour before we even got in the door.
During that time, we refused to sign a petition to allow for Marijuana to be legal in Nevada.
I know right?!
Stupid!
And we listened to all the people behind us make their brilliant comments about how legalizing Marijuana in Nevada was such a smart idea.
Idiots.
We finally got in the door, where we noticed was one of those huge lines that wrapped around and around, and people were only taking numbers at that point!
Yikes.
We were seriously going to be there all freakin' day.
Then I noticed a big 'ol sign that simply stated 3 things that were needed in order to switch to a Nevada license.
And what do you know?!
Proof of residency, such as an electric bill was one of them.
Good job DMV website!
Way to prepare us.
So we just left.
The weird thing was, I didn't even feel that bad about wasting all that time.
We made a plan to try again next weekend.
When next weekend rolled around, I woke up Saturday morning with an even bigger impression to not go to the DMV.
The idea of living in California was now crossing my mind.
The idea of living in California SOON was now in my mind.
But that wasn't the plan!
We just moved to Las Vegas!
The feeling was almost overwhelming.
I went with it.
When Kevin woke up, I told him everything I was thinking.
As I was explaining, I remember even thinking that I sounded ridiculous!
Kevin listened and agreed.
I love him.
The next weekend was Father's Day and we decided to make a little visit to see Kevin's family.
While we were there, not only did I really appreciate all the trees and grass that Las Vegas lacked, but it felt so right being there!
Total confirmation that we needed to move.
After our short trip to CA, Kevin and I were on the same page about moving.
We prayed and weighed our options.
Now it was time to find jobs.
At first we just planned on waiting till the end of August to move, but since Kevin found a job so quickly, we left sooner.
Our lease in Las Vegas is up at the end of August.
Rather than paying rent for two places, we are staying with Kevin's parents for the next couple weeks.
In the mean time, we are on a search for our future place to live!
(If anybody in Orange County knows of a good place to live, please share!)
Last Thursday and Friday we spent the day packing up our place in Las Vegas.
So once we find a place to live, we just need to make the day trip to Vegas to load up our bazillion boxes!
Let's just cross our fingers that the temperature will be in the 70's that day, rather than the 110's.
A girl can hope...
And now, I am looking for a job for myself.
I'd rather just play all day!
yayyyy for California!
ReplyDeleteCrazy!! Can't wait to see what CA holds for ya!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you and Kevin are back here with the family!! Danielle and Tom are feeling the same way about Calif. and might be back here in a year or two if I'm lucky!!
ReplyDeleteFun! HOpe the job search goes over well! Good luck!
ReplyDelete