31 March 2010

Vrrooom...

Vacuuming is one household chore I do not mind doing.
Actually, I feel secure saying that I actually enjoy vacuuming.

I love the look of freshly vacuumed carpet.
Ahhh....

But most importantly, I love the peace of mind vacuuming gives me.
You see, I believe that spiders and bugs are everywhere.
(Yes, spiders are so scary they deserve to be individually named and not coined into the category of simply being just a bug)
It doesn't matter how new or clean your house is, they are there.
Hiding...
Scheming...
Being buggy...

And just because you don't see them, it doesn't mean they aren't there.
I have not seen one spider since living in our retirement bungalow, yet I still believe they are hanging around somewhere.

Call me crazy, but here's what I think:
I imagine all the spiders and bugs coming out to play when we go to sleep.
I envision them creeping their way around through the carpet, leaving trails as they go.

By vacuuming, I not only pick up dirt, but I also ruin their trails, which prevents the spiders and bugs from getting around so easily.
I figure this can be very discouraging to the little critters and will teach them a lesson to find somewhere else to have their nightly parties.

But of course new spiders and bugs will always show up, so that is why vacuuming often in necessary.

Or perhaps I am just crazy.

Either way, at least I am cleaning!





1 comment: