While Kevin is doing this:
I find other things to do.
Like this:
There are many different types of couples.
Kevin and I are one of those "completely-opposite-of-each-other" couples.
We are so different in just about every way possible.
Somehow, it works out perfectly.
I actually like how different we are.
Although it would be more fun if Kevin enjoyed shopping or if I was more into music.
But we've managed to meet in the middle, sometimes.
I think it's fun to debate our different opinions.
According to Dr. Busby, our relationship is considered a:
Volatile Relationship
Meaning...
"It turns out that these couples' volcanic arguments are just a small part of an otherwise warm and loving marriage… As intense as their battles may be, their good times are that much better"
· When solving a problem:
1. They do not listen to each other's side of the story
2. They to convince each other they are right
3. Agree on a compromise.
· Common Characteristics:
o Bicker (over little things)
o Debate seen as positive involvement
o High emotion (+/-)
o Very passionate
o See themselves as equals
o Individuality
o Personal space
o Playful
I like to think our Volatile Relationship keeps things interesting.
Yet, even though we are so different in our tastes, we remain on the same level.
And that is the most important part.
I also enjoy being able to learn new things from Kevin.
Like who out there knows about ADR, auto-tune, and ambiance background noise?
I do.
Thanks to Kevin
Josh and I are complete opposites too, and it works :) Life is good when you're opposites!
ReplyDeleteMatt and I have nothing in common either. Sometimes on long drives we sit in silence trying to think of something, ANYTHING we have in common. nothin'. lol. but someone it works.
ReplyDeletesomehow*
ReplyDeleteYay! Don't you just love it?! :)
ReplyDelete