29 January 2010

One Reason


Kevin is the best hubby in the world.
(Okay, maybe I should say: He is the best husband in the world, for me.)
(I don't want to start a heated argument with all you other ladies out there who also claim they have the best husband)

I could definitely go on and on with my long lists of reasons,
but I'll spare you the details.

However,
there is just one thing about him, that I am totally going to brag about.

He will play with my hair or scratch my back every night!

I never thought such a person exists in the world, who wouldn't mind doing such a thing. Most people get annoyed after a minute or two.

I am one of those girls who LOVES to be, let's call it "petted".
While growing up, I used to ask my mom all the time to "pet my ear"...
AKA play with my hair and scratch my back.

Oh man, I love that.
Having my hair played with dominates any massage.
And I don't know what it is about back scratches, but dang do they feel good!

It all started when we were engaged.
I remember "testing him out" to see if he was a good hair-player with-er.
He passed.
But I decided not to bother him all the time with requests for having my hair played with.
Once we got married, the back scratches started.
Because in order for back scratches to be real good, ya gotta have all that skin to skin contact.
And I started to ask more often if he'd play with my hair.
To my surprise, he never refused.
This proved to me even more, that Kevin is amazing.

So now, 21 months into our marriage, we have a routine.
A very, very very good routine.

Every night, we usually watch TV or a movie before bed.
Sometimes we are out in the living room and sometimes we are already tucked into bed.
Then, I will lay my head on his lap.
(Yes, that is it!)
And Kevin will play with my hair.
(I don't even need to ask!)
or
I will ask him to scratch my back.
(And he'll do it every time!)

I don't think I could fall asleep with out him.

I have seriously hit the jackpot.

And the best part is...
He's actually good at it!
AND
He doesn't mind doing it!


Boy, do I love that guy.

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute Lisa. :) Good men are hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man... it's a good thing you got a hair player with-er. those are the best guys!! also, I have an obsession with peanut butter too! except one time, i ate peanut butter straight out of the jar with a spoon (i ate like 1/4 of the jar), and now i can't hardly eat it at all. it's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang i wish!!! that really just might win him best husband award.

    ReplyDelete