Saturday night was not a good night for me.
Went to bed around midnight, woke up at 2AM.
and STAYED AWAKE.
But no worries everything is all good!
Anyways, I have been getting a kick out of watching old school movies. Last night around 2AM, when I officially decided I was not going to fall back asleep simply by laying in bed, I headed out to the living room and snuggled up on the couch with a fluffy blanket (where's my blankey when I need it?). I figured I fall asleep the fastest while watching movies, especially when the lights are off, so I thought doing so would be a good idea.
So I watched a Hallmark movie.
And I was still awake 2 hours later. The movie was good, but not THAT good!
Oh great.
So now what should I do?!...
Wake Kevin up?
Nah, why should both of us suffer?
Hmmm...
I guess time for another movie!
So I browse through the recordings on the DVR.
Hmmm...
I make my way down my list and see:
Hook!
I knew I wouldn't regret recording it. Definitely an oldie but goodie.
BACKGROUND:
I grew up totally, completely, IN LOVE with everything Peter Pan. In fact, I would introduce myself as Wendy periodically when I was a child. I remember wishing SO BAD I could fly. And I wanted Never-Neverland to be real even more. One Christmas, I asked for Pixie Dust and instead I got this powdered glitter and a note from Santa saying that he gave his only pixie dust to a little girl in a wheel chair. I think I was actually understanding with Santa's choice and agreed that the little girl in the wheel chair needed the pixie dust more than me. (Pretty creative Mom & Dad. Or maybe it was my Grandpa. I don't remember) I remember watching Hook when I was little and just thinking about how the movie made the idea of Peter Pan EVEN MORE real.
So I make myself as comfy as possible and start the movie!
Right away, I was in a flash back.
The opening scenes, the dialog, the music, the actors, EVERYTHING brought me back like 15 years. It's like all the thoughts that would run through my head when I was a kid were coming back! As I continued to watch the movie, I began taking notice to all the side flashback comments going on in my head. Yet, I feel like I am watching it again for the first time. I notice that I catch certain side jokes that I didn't understand as a child make sense now, and I catch on and notice other parts of the story that I never realized as a child.
Went to bed around midnight, woke up at 2AM.
and STAYED AWAKE.
But no worries everything is all good!
Anyways, I have been getting a kick out of watching old school movies. Last night around 2AM, when I officially decided I was not going to fall back asleep simply by laying in bed, I headed out to the living room and snuggled up on the couch with a fluffy blanket (where's my blankey when I need it?). I figured I fall asleep the fastest while watching movies, especially when the lights are off, so I thought doing so would be a good idea.
So I watched a Hallmark movie.
And I was still awake 2 hours later. The movie was good, but not THAT good!
Oh great.
So now what should I do?!...
Wake Kevin up?
Nah, why should both of us suffer?
Hmmm...
I guess time for another movie!
So I browse through the recordings on the DVR.
Hmmm...
I make my way down my list and see:
Hook!
I knew I wouldn't regret recording it. Definitely an oldie but goodie.
BACKGROUND:
I grew up totally, completely, IN LOVE with everything Peter Pan. In fact, I would introduce myself as Wendy periodically when I was a child. I remember wishing SO BAD I could fly. And I wanted Never-Neverland to be real even more. One Christmas, I asked for Pixie Dust and instead I got this powdered glitter and a note from Santa saying that he gave his only pixie dust to a little girl in a wheel chair. I think I was actually understanding with Santa's choice and agreed that the little girl in the wheel chair needed the pixie dust more than me. (Pretty creative Mom & Dad. Or maybe it was my Grandpa. I don't remember) I remember watching Hook when I was little and just thinking about how the movie made the idea of Peter Pan EVEN MORE real.
So I make myself as comfy as possible and start the movie!
Right away, I was in a flash back.
The opening scenes, the dialog, the music, the actors, EVERYTHING brought me back like 15 years. It's like all the thoughts that would run through my head when I was a kid were coming back! As I continued to watch the movie, I began taking notice to all the side flashback comments going on in my head. Yet, I feel like I am watching it again for the first time. I notice that I catch certain side jokes that I didn't understand as a child make sense now, and I catch on and notice other parts of the story that I never realized as a child.
And the movie has some of the greatest lines:You are fart factory, Slug-slimed, sack-of-rat-guts-in-cat-vomit, cheesy, scab-picked, pimple-squeezing finger bandage. A week old maggot burger with everything on it and flies on the side!
-
Bangarang!
-
You are the Pan.
-
Bangarang!
-
You are the Pan.
-
Good form!
-
Lookie Lookie, I've got a Hookie.
-
Rufio! Rufio! Ru-Fi-OOOOOOOOOOOOOh!
-
Goodnight, Neverland!
-
Lookie Lookie, I've got a Hookie.
-
Rufio! Rufio! Ru-Fi-OOOOOOOOOOOOOh!
-
Goodnight, Neverland!
Despite now feeling well, watching Hook turned out to be one of the best parts of my weekend.
Do you remember seeing Disney on Ice - Peter Pan? Just you and I went and that was the time I couldn't find the car in the Arco Arena parking lot. By the way, it was Grandpa with the clever Pixie Dust.
ReplyDelete