Last Wednesday night, Kevin's friend Nick, called and asked Kevin if he wanted to play in a show that Saturday at Velour for the band, Forgotten Charity's last show in Provo. I was sitting next to Kevin when Nick called, and I knew right away something was going on. And then, the excitement was followed by the realization of the plans Kevin and I made for Saturday, like a month ago, to see the Nutcracker in Salt Lake City. When Kevin got off the phone with Nick, he told me about the show on Saturday. I knew it had been almost a year since Kevin and his band played a show and so I knew how important this had to be for him. I also thought it sounded like fun to see them all play again. I told Kevin I was OK with seeing the Nutcracker the following weekend instead. We just had to find something to do with the tickets we had! They cost us about 40 bucks and they weren't the greatest seats, so I knew selling them would be a challenge. I was fine with just selling them for cheaper or just forgetting about them and buying new ones. The tickets were after all a "sunk cost" at this point. But we all know Kevin... there was no way he'd through away 40 dollars. Well I guess it was a good thing, because Kevin was able to sell the tickets with the help of his sister, Kendra! Yay! And we will be seeing the Nutcracker this weekend!
The show was pretty fun. Kevin's band sounded good to me!
Here's Kevin setting up his drums
My little drummer boy getting all ready. Aww...
Langley Drive!
Richie, Kevin, Nick, & DanKevin!!!

Thats so awesome that they got to play again. Did they ever tell you about a time when I had them play for my 15th b-day, then 16th and I'm sure my 17th too. haha.. love them though!! They put on a good show. Can't wait to see you guys soon...still thinking about the christmas gift too...i'll get back to you soon
ReplyDelete