29 November 2008

Almost over...

Thanksgiving was wonderful. My family drive to the bay area to spend the day at my aunt Brenda and uncle Dennis' home. It was a nice relaxing day with family. I baked pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to bring, which turned out fabulous. The last of the were finished yesterday and now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I ate most of them. Some of my family from Oregon made it down for the holiday and so it was good to see them too. It's crazy how fast little kids grow. My aunt Brenda has hosted Thanksgiving for the last bunch of Thanksgiving. I don't know how she does it, but she is able to pull it all off without any problems! The food was DELICIOUS; as usual. This was Kevin's first Thanksgiving with me family (duh) and I think he enjoyed himself as well. My aunt Brenda has lots of animals at her house. Her newest addition is an aviary, complete with birds and all! I discovered a new love for bunnies. She has a white and black CUTE little bunny named Domino. And now, I WANT ONE TOO! It's just too bad we aren't allowed to have pets where we live. I hear they make excellent pets! AND they are soo, soo, soooooo soft. But let me tell you, once Kevin and I have our own home, I WILL HAVE A BUNNY!

Friday, I braved the busy shopping scene. There weren't any amazing deals that I knew of, so luckily I didn't have to wake up crazy early. My first trip out was with my mom. I was able to get a good amount of my Christmas shopping done! Woo! In the afternoon, I went out again to a different mall with my brother. We were searching for some athletic shoes for him, but had not luck. Buying shoes in a size 14 isn't the easiest! Kevin also did a little shopping, but only at one store... guitar center. Surprise, Surprise. He found a really good deal on this mixer thingy, and being the super nice wife I am, gave him the "OK" to buy it. It's a pretty cool thing-a-ma-jig and from what Kevin has told me, it will really improve his recordings and make work go by a lot faster. When he walked in with the big 'ol box, his smile was from ear to ear. Kevin's Christmas has already begun! I'll have to get a picture of him with it. After dinner that night, Kevin and I went out to a couple more stores since we had nothing else to do.

Out of all the stores I went to, including the busy mall, the store with the most outrageous and ridiculous lines, was Joanne's Fabrics! Who woulda thunk?! The line had probably over 50 people in it and wrapped clear around the whole store. The yarn I was planning on purchasing was definitely NOT worth it. I think I'll probably go back and get it tonight.

Well tomorrow we are heading back to Utah. Boy, this week sure went by fast! Cliff is speaking in sacrament tomorrow, so we'll hit the road right after. I am not excited for the drive, but it will be nice to be back in our little home. Just a couple more weeks and the semester will be over!!! Which will be followed by Christmas with Kevin's family! I love the holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment