03 June 2008

Until now....

Kevin and I met in October 2007. Both of us were living in the Brownstone Apartment complex and were in the same ward at church. Thanks to the help of my roommate Rei, Kevin and I were introduced. The following week, we spent a lot of time together as we planned our ward Halloween party. That Friday, Kevin and I went on our first date to a mexican restaurant named Los Hermanos in Downtown Provo. The following day was our ward Halloween party. Kevin's band played a few of their songs and later that night, I met Kevin's friends when we all went to Denny's. From that point on, Kevin and I saw each other everyday.






On February 2nd, after a crazy night, Kevin proposed. I of course said yes, and quickly began the wedding planning with the help of my mom, Cheryl. I always hear stories about how crazy and stressful wedding planning is. My mom and I both agree that the planning for mine and Kevin's reception was the least bit stressful and was actually fun! The photographer we had for our engagements and wedding photos was AMAZING. His name is Nathan Smith (check out his website : http://www.nathansmithphoto.com/). When we first had our engagement photos, it felt so weird having someone take our picture in random places. After a while, I started to feel more comfortable. When I saw the pictures Nathan took, I was extremely pleased with how well they turned out. Here is what our final announcement looked like:


If you want to see more of our engagement photos go to: http://photographyyoufeel.com/lisakevinengage/





Kevin and I were married on May 3, 2008 in the Sacramento, CA temple. Everything went smoothly, including the day of. It was so nice to see family and friends when Kevin and I came out of the temple. The weather was a little warm, but bearable. I was happy that everyone was so willing to take so many pictures! And again, Nathan did an amazing job.




Check out some of the temple pictures: http://photographyyoufeel.com/lisakevin



I can honestly say that my reception was perfect and there was not one thing I would have changed. We had the reception in the cultural hall of the church building I grew up attending. Sis Corbridge was an enormous help with all the decorating. She made the cultural hall look absolutely AMAZING. I was thrilled when I saw everything put together. The decorations turned out much better than what I expected. We had Boston Market cater the reception. From what I hear, the food was really yummy (I was so busy, I never had the chance to eat!). Also, some of my relatives on my dad's side of the family made lumpia. I had my cake made by http://www.sweetcreationsbakery.net/ . The cake was gorgeous! When I get all of the pictures back, I will definitely put them up!


The night of the reception, Kevin and I left for the start of our honeymoon! That first night, we drove half way down to southern CA and stayed at Harris Ranch. The hotel was beautiful and it's a shame we weren't able to enjoy everything at the hotel because we had to leave early the next morning. On Sunday, we drove the last 3 hours Kevin's house where we were picked up by a shuttle and taken to our cruise ship! We boarded our ship, Vision of the Seas by Royal Caribbean and started our 7 night cruise through Mexico. Along our trip, the cruise stopped in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. The cruise was amazing and we had lots of fun! The following Sunday, we arrived back in LA and stayed the following week with Kevin's family. On Monday, Kevin and I were part of the audience on the Price is Right. Neither of us were called up to be on stage, but we had a fun time. On Tuesday, Kevin and I went to Disneyland along with Richie, Emileah, Steve, and Ashley. On Wednesday, Kevin and I went shopping in LA! We each got a pair of sunglasses and I got a cute white purse. After, we went and ate at Tommy's. Chili burgers sure do look disgusting but they are definitely tasty! On Thursday, Kevin, Richie and I went to the beach. They both had fun in the water, and I enjoyed the sun on the beach. On Friday, Kevin's parents had an open house for us at their home. Many of Kevin's friends and family attended and it was nice to meet them all.





Early Saturday morning, Kevin and I headed back to Utah. With the help of my brother, Cliff, his friend, Jon, and a moving truck, we had all of our stuff moved out of our storage unit and into our first home! It took us a while to get everything unpacked and eventually, it felt like a home. Since this place is only temporary, and huge, I decided to wait and decorate until we move at the end of August. I figured it would be a waste since we wont be here long. Kevin and I both love it here and are definitely enjoying the married life!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa and Kevin,

    I am so glad you had your dream day and honeymoon. You both looked so happy and in love. Thank you for including us for for your special day, it ment a lot to us.

    We love ya Chacha and Kevin!

    Love,
    Uncle Scottl
    Aunt Shirley
    and cousins

    ReplyDelete
  2. LISA! I just watched your wedding pictures slide show - again. You are so pretty! I am glad you didn't have a beehive hairdo, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete