15 September 2011




Okay seriously...
How did I get such an awesome friend?

Amy E. Nelson has been my friend since 4th grade. That is a long, long time my friends.

I remember when she switched to yellow track (our school was year-around) and was in our class the first day of 4th grade.  She was formerly on blue track, so I didn't blame her for wanting to be on the greatest track ever- yellow.  Yellow track had the best months off during the year... April, August, and December; April and December included an extra week off for spring break and Christmas break. Plus... our class was plain cool.

4th grade was the year that we could try our for the school's cheer squad, aka the Otter Sqad (yes, our mascot was an otter).  But the thing was... I think they only took like two or four 4th graders from the entire school.  The squad was mainly for 5th and 6th graders.  Sadly, I didn't make the sqaud.  But Amy made it!  Secretly I was totally jealous and blamed her cheer squad acceptance due to the fact that she did a cartwheel with a cast on her arm and tried out solo.  Naturally, I wasn't her biggest fan.  But then my best friend at the time started to hang out with her.  I couldn't believe this Amy girl was stealing my BFF.  So not cool.  Lucky for me both girls were nice enough to not ditch me and my friendship with Amy began.

About a decade and half later...after elementary, junior high, high school, college and even a marriage...here we are still as close as ever.  I love the fact that even though each of our lives have taken us in separate directions, including distance wise, we are still totally BFF's.

Labor Day weekend, Amy came to visit!  I don't know about her, but I was in total need for some girl time with my BFF.  We did a whole lot of chit-chatting, eating, shopping, sun-bathing at the beach, pedicures, more shopping, tried some new restaurants in Long Beach that I will definitely returning to, pedicures, people watched and saw some good 'ol chick-flicks.  Amy even went to church with us and helped out in our Sunbeam class! And then she came and hung out with the Hiatt family as well as take out my niece and nephew for the afternoon on Monday.

Yeah, we did a whole, whole lot in the 3 days she stayed with us.
And I loved every minute of it.
I can't wait till next time!












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: