30 September 2011





Downtown LA.
A place we rarely go.

Tons of traffic + no where to park.
No bueno my friends.

However, last weekend we ventured
up north to that lovely city.

The LSAC Law School Forum.
Yay....

Almost all of the law schools in the country set up at a little booth at this forum.  Soon-to-be law school students like Kevin, were able to walk around and talk to the different schools.



I tagged along for this little outing in LA.
And I'm not going to lie, part of the reason I agreed to go in the first place was because I was hoping the different schools, at least the really big ones, were going to have little treats at their booths.  Give me a yummy cookie and sure, I'd go to your school.  HA- I guess it's a good thing I'm not the one going to law school; thank goodness.

For some reason, during the 20 minute drive to the hotel where the forum was at, my mind told me that I was not going to be in a good mood that morning.  Yeah, my mood will do that sometime.  I think it was because I was hungry and hadn't had breakfast.  Anyways, after we parked and started walking towards the hotel, I knew I needed something to turn this negative mood of mind around.  Yeah, after 24 years, I still can't self-sooth.  And there it was.... Starbucks.

Neither of us drink coffee, so we like never go there.  So you can imagine the confused expression Kevin had on his face when I told him I wanted Starbucks.

"Hello....???? Pumpkin spice latte minus the latte part!!!"

Kevin agreed, and we stopped in.  Thankfully, Kevin cares just as much about my happiness as I do and that's part of the reason why I love him so much.

Lo and behold, I was happy again.

We walked around the forum, checking out what all of the cookie-less schools had to offer.  Spent a little extra time at all of the CA schools and BYU of course.  (Sometimes I actually think I would be okay with moving back to Provo for a few years again.) While I people watched, Kevin talked mainly about scholarships and applications with each schools admission advisers.  So exciting I know.

The experience was rather boring, yet useful.  Kevin got a good amount of fee waivers for most of the schools he plans on applying to.

It's crazy how much your life can change in a year.  Or even a conversation.  One minute I'm married to an audio guy, the next I'm married to a future lawyer.  Funny how things change.  But it's also fun being along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment