09 March 2011

Cruise Day One

Oh how I love vacations,
but seriously, who doesn't?

I love how the decision to go on this cruise was spur of the moment,
and last minute,
and it all totally worked out.

Mal and Mitch made the drive from Provo to Long Beach Thursday night.
They got in at like midnight and I actually was able to stay awake till they got here.
I guess I still get that day-before-a-vacation excitement like when I was a kid.

So they made it and we all crashed.
Friday morning, I still went in to work till 11.
Drove home.
Picked up some motion sickness pills.
(Just in case)

Thanks to the best M.I.L in the world,
we were conveniently dropped off at the pier
and our vacation officially began!

As we were checking in,
I was determined to find out whether or not my passport would still work.
My passport is still under my maiden name and I haven't been able to bring myself to pay the $100 for a new one because I got this one less than a year before I got married.
I was a little nervous as they scanned my passport,
even though I had alternate forms of ID safely tucked away in the purse I was carrying.

The grumpy lady scanned the passport and stared at the screen.
**This is when I got really nervous**
I debated whether or not to just come forward and tell her that I actually have a new legal name
and hand her my birth certificate and driver's licence.

Then she looked up...
"Thank you for choosing Carnival Ms. Laudato, have a great trip!"

Saaaaaaaaafe!!!!!!
And that was that.
My passport still worked and can be scanned!
I just had to be Lisa Laudato again.

Lisa Laudato.
Man, that seems like ages ago!

And onto the ship we went!

Here are scenes from DAY ONE.


































3 comments:

  1. Sweet! Where are the pictures of you and Kevin "flying" at the front of the ship (like in Titanic)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so smart about the passport...I totally should have done that with mine before I went to Cancun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! I love spontaneous trips and it is so cool you were able to go with Mallory and her hubby!

    ReplyDelete