Last weekend when we got in the white car to head out for the day,
it wouldn't start.
Bummer.
Obviously the battery was dead.
How did that happen?!
Oh yeah,
a few days before,
I noticed the trunk wasn't shut all of the way.
So I just shut it and went on with my life.
Since we use the yellow car to commute to work during the week,
of course we wouldn't have known that an open trunk can drain the battery.
Luckily we have jumper cables!
Since neither of us are very car savvy,
we got out the directions and did some reading.
Car stuff + Lisa = soooo not interested and perhaps dangerous.
So it was up to Kevin to figure it out.
I don't know what it is about batteries, metal, spark plugs, and an engine
that just freak me out.
The whole time, I just imagined the cars blowing us up to pieces because we simply put the spark plugs in the wrong place.
But that's just me.
Stuff like that happens,
I know it.
For my safety,
I made Kevin do it.
And I watched.
Kevin figured it out.
After we got both cars running,
we faced the scariest part of all....
removing the spark plugs!
UGH, I hate when that happens!! Good thing you got it all figured out!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteThink Triple A
FYI honey, spark plugs are located in the engine...they are what ignites the fuel...
ReplyDeletejumping the car is generally pretty safe, you could get shocked if you don't ground the electricity right and you can dump the battery by not jumping correctly, but other than that not so bad.