I love where I live.
I love Long Beach.
The weather is gorgeous right now.
January with 70 degree weather.
Could it be any more perfect?!
Oh how I DO NOT miss Utah one bit.
(Hope you're lovin' that snow little brother!)
I used to think that Northern CA was great.
Southern CA always seemed overrated.
Boy was I ENTIRELY wrong.
I love how Long Beach is so bike friendly.
Kevin and I finally had a chance to take advantage of that friendliness.
Riding on a beach cruiser is,
seriously,
my new favorite thing in the world.
That first Fall semester after Kevin and I got married,
I thought it would be fun to ride my bike to school.
Riding TO school was fun and easy!
All down hill.
The only time I had to stop was to walk my bike across the street.
I seriously thought it was a law, that you had to walk your bike across intersections.
Don't you remember learning that in grade school?!
I really hadn't rode my bike much since then, so I went with what I knew.
And I walked my bike across all intersections.
Of course I would see others simply ride across the intersection,
but I assumed they were just rebellious law-breakers.
I had no clue, that I was the one who looked like an idiot.
The ride home was a complete nightmare
because I had to ride back up that stupid hill I rode down on to school,
while stopping at all intersections.
Not a fan of non-flat rodes.
That evening I told Kevin about my bike riding experience
and he about died laughing when I told him I walked my bike across each street.
How the heck was I supposed to know?!
I didn't ride a bike for 2 years any time recently.
And that was the end of my bike riding in Utah.
When we moved to CA, I knew that I wanted to give bike riding a shot again.
This time on a comfy beach cruiser,
riding on flat, paved terrain.
And that time came!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
I wish I could just cruise along the beach all day everyday.
For now all I have are the weekends.
But once the days, get longer...
I will definitely be beach crusin' till the sun goes down!
aww I miss long beach. I love it too. But I also really love Northern CA too. equally..in different ways. That looks so fun!
ReplyDeleteThe bikes look so fun! AND WE LOVE FAMOUS DAVES! Its Josh's favorite!!
ReplyDeletegreat to see you loving your bike! our favorite thing to do too, biking to the beach....heaven!!
ReplyDelete