16 December 2010

Country Music

At work, I listen to music
ALL DAY LONG.

At first, I would listen to all the Top Pop music.
Got sick of that fast.

Then I moved on to Country.
And I am still in love.

Well, right now,
I switch off between Christmas
and Country.

I love how country music always tells a story.
And I love that southern twang in the voices of the artists.

I don't understand why Kevin can't have a Southern accent.
So what that he grew up in CA?
He served a mission in Alabama
AND
his dad is from South Carolina.

Country music makes me happy.
It makes me want to move to Georgia.
(Not only to be friends with NeNe,)
And be all "Southern".

My idea of "Southern"...
is having cool accents.
is living life in the slow lane.
is eating a lot of fried food.
is owning a truck.
is living in a small town.
is listening to country music.
is having a beautiful country home.
is southern hospitality.
is going to "ho-downs".
is watching our future son dominate in high school football.
is wearing cowboy boots.

Get the picture?

I know my list are all cliche's and completely unrealistic.
But wouldn't that be nice?
If someone could guarantee me a life with everything on that list,
I'd drag Kevin to "the South" in a heartbeat.
And we'd buy a truck and cowboy hats.

On my way to work this morning,
I heard one of my favs, Darius Rucker on the radio.
Is it not entirely awesome that he used to sing for Hootie and the Blowfish
and now he's a country star?!

Anyways, I heard one of his songs,
I'm not sure if it's a newby or old.
But I like it.
I like it a lot.

Hopefully you do too!




3 comments:

  1. I live in the south & I can tell you your list/idwa of the south is pretty much on point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that you get to listen to music all day!!

    ReplyDelete