
3.5 months later...
3rd try...
Special "Jiffy Grow" mini greenhouse grower thingy...
After moving it constantly throughout the day to which ever window has the most light...
My little mystery seed has sprouted!
Hallelujah!!!!
And why you might ask,
am I trying so hard to get a little seed to grow?
Well...
It's for one of my classes.
We are all supposed to grow a little plant with a seed our professor gave each us at the beginning of the semester.
And then write an end of the semester paper likening the little plant to a relationship.
(LDS Marriage and Family class....nuff said.)
Kinda like the whole carrying around a hard boiled egg in elementary school like it was a baby.
Remember that whole thing?
At first I was totally stoked about the supposed easy project.
I imagined the cutie little plant I would have by the time I graduated!
Boy was I WRONG!
Finally, after getting my 3rd replacement seed after failed attempts,
whatever the seed is,
(our teacher won't tell us what it is until the last day of class)
has sprouted!
Just enough to get at least some credit!
If I didn't absolutely LOVE the class and have such an AMAZING teacher-
Brother Richardson (2nd Counselor in General Sunday School Presidency),
I would have probably given up and taken the automatic 25 percent deduction from my project.
Well anyways, now I need to figure out how I want to angle my paper...
Not all relationships bloom?
Life can be miserable with a bad seed?
Relationships require a lot of work?
Grow little mystery seed!
You have one more week to go!!!
There is a childrens book just like that! The emperor gives a seed to each child, and then he will evaluate the end product. A little boy works so, so, so hard for the seed to grow, but nothing sprouts. He is embarassed to go to the big reveal, with an empty pot. The other children's plants were beautiufl. When the emperor got to him, he just looked. In the end, the emperor gave everyone a dead seed, and wanted to see who would be honest enough to come with no sprout.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good story with a good gospel lesson. Maybe you can tie that into your final essay/project?