01 March 2010

Saturday

I had some big plans for Saturday...
Plans, I was looking forward to...
MY kind of plans...


Shopping!




And Kevin had his plans...


BYU Basketball Game.
Our church ward got tickets for all the guys to go to the game.


Luckily, we each conveniently had plans of our own, so that we didn't have to be involved with each other's plans.
Kevin hates shopping.
And I hate sports.

(Well it's not that I necessarily hate sports, I just don't enjoy watching sports when I don't know a single person on the team)


So as I start to get ready for the day, Kevin kisses me goodbye, and he is off to the game.
Meanwhile, I decide to try and curl my hair...again.
(Big mistake)


So I am standing there, dis-admiring my wannabe cute, curled hair, that turned out like garbage, when Kevin calls.


He was at the church building, where all the guys were supposed to meet before the game for lunch. Apparently, everyone there was with their wife and Kevin was a lone ranger.


So what's a good wife to do?!


I quickly threw on a blue shirt, wished I had a hat, and I was out the door.
I could handle a little 'ol B-Ball game...




At first, I was doin' good.

The least I could do was people watch, which is always interesting at BYU.
It was pretty cool to see all the fans.

And then the game started.

Our seats were super high and immediately, I started thinking that watching the game on TV seemed much better- at least I would be able to see!

And then it started...
This crazy guy behind me was SCREAMING at the top of his lungs.
At first I thought he was some teenage kid, just so excited to be at the game.
At least that's what he looked like.
He wasn't just screamin' after each basket either, he was screamin' about everything!
And boy did he have a lot to say, including...
"Who's your daddy?!"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

After that one, I almost died laughing.
Well the death screams continued, and he was right behind me.
It got to the point where I would turn around and give him a dirty look each time.

Why the heck was he not in the student section?
He'd fit in there.

After a few dirty looks, I realized he was not a teenage kid...but an adult!
AND
his wife and baby were sitting right next to him.

Daaaaaang.
How embarrassing for her!
I would die if Kevin was like that!

Well anyways, I had enough of his screaming.
And I was wrong, I couldn't handle the game.
I am just so not into sports!

I thought maybe I could make to half time.
Nah...
What about the first quarter?
Nope...

I kissed Kevin goodbye and I was outta there!
Thankfully he has sympathy for my disinterest in sports and was not offended that I left.

But here's proof I was there!
Go Cougars!




4 comments:

  1. If you couldn't stand that basketball game- I doubt you can stand ANY because that was the best BYU basketball game I've ever been to. Intense the whole time! But I do have sympathy for having to sit in front of a screamer... never fun.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks cute! Keep trying different ways and playing with it!

    ReplyDelete