02 March 2010

Pet Names


What do these two pictures have in common with me and Kevin?

Same names!

Well I guess you could call them pet names and the pictures above have no relation to the meaning behind the names with why we use them.
Yet, I do love cupcakes and I did like the movie, Monsters Inc.

I am pretty sure all couples have cute little pet names for one another.
That's just how it goes.

I don't know when it began, but for some reason I started calling Kevin "Boo".
And every so often, I will sing lines from R&B songs that have the word "Boo" in them.
I think the word "boo" is just funny.
Sometimes, I will even call him "Bug-a-Boo";
Kevin doesn't really like that one though.
But still, Kevin knows that when I say "Boo", I am talkin' to him!

Kevin's love name for me is "Cupcake".
I think it's silly.
But of course, I will respond.
He doesn't really use the name that often.
Usually he'll call me "Honey" or some name like that, that most couples use.
However, when he does call me cupcake, he pronounces it more like "Cucake".
And it makes me smile.


Cupcake + Boo = ♥




1 comment:

  1. When your dad and I first married, we used to watch reruns of "Welcome Back Kotter". The students in Mr. Kotter's class were called "Sweathogs". Sounds kinda close to "Sweetheart????" so..... we have always called each other "Sweathog". Sounds lovely, no?

    ReplyDelete