Where: 24 Hour Fitness
What: Squats
Why: Good Question
So, last Tuesday morning I was at the gym, doin' my normal routine,
when suddenly, I felt the desire to change it up.
All the shallow, superficial magazines that I oh-so-love
to read while at the gym,
have all these articles about getting in shape for Summer.
So naturally, I felt the pressure to push myself a little bit harder that morning.
I looked across the gym at all the intimidating equipment,
and I picked my poison.
The big 'ol scary squat machine thing.
I figured that big boy would do the job and just that one exercise would be enough.
So I headed to that forbidden area of the gym, where only the meat heads tend to be.
(no offense)
Luckily the gym wasn't crowded since it was still morning time.
So I stared at the empty squat bar, trying to decided how much weight I should add.
I figured I had been able to do lunges in the past with 2 five pound weights, so that should be about right.
So I skipped over the big 'ol 45 pounders, and graciously put on my 5 pound weights;
one on each side.
I took a second to admire how the big scary weight machine looked kind of cute with the little baby weights and proceeded to get my pump- as my friend Joe would say.
1 set of ten.
Not bad.
Another set of ten.
Startin' to feel the burn.
I decided after my 4th set I was done.
40 seemed like a good number.
I left the gym that day feelin' pretty good about myself.
...gettin' in shape for summer...
...doing a big boy work out...
yeah, I'm cool.
But then yesterday, when I went to get out of bed,
OWWIE!!!
My legs hurt so baaaaad.
Like seriously, it felt like my legs were going to die!
Oh the pain!
I thought my poor legs would feel better this morning.
WRONG.
So today while I was on campus, I looked like a goober as I walked to all my classes.
I realized that if I bent my legs while walking, it hurt more than if I tried to keep them as straight as possible.
So that's what I did.
Along with walking really slow everywhere.
And Hoovering over that hand rails as I walked up and down flights of stairs.
The worst part was when my legs would lock or buckle and I'd almost fall.
Actually, the worst part was when I had to go to the bathroom.
Why are toilet seats so low?

3rd day is always worse than second!!! Good job!!! Killing at the gym!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou painted a very funny picture in my mind of you walking around campus.
ReplyDeleteWay to go!! I'm to intimidated to do that, haha!
ReplyDelete