04 January 2010

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve,
we went to a party with my parents and my bestest friend in the world, Amy.

The theme for the part was Heros & Villains.

After a while of brainstorming, my mom and I decided that our family should be:
POWER RANGERS!

After a few trips to Michaels & Joanns, Google searches, and watching parts of the Power Ranger movie (which we totally had on VHS).... my mom and I made out costumes! We thought it would be much more comfortable and easier for people to stare at us if we made T-Shirts resembling the Power Ranger Uniform, rather than actually wear spandex and a face mask.

I don't know what came over me, but as soon as I put on my Yellow Ranger shirt...
I WAS A POWER RANGER.
I felt the need to jump, kick, and do all the Power Ranger poses.
I just wished I could actually "morph".

The party was held at a local community center with many in attendance. It was fun to see old friends and make new ones. There was plenty of tasty food, fun candy, and yummy desserts. There was fun music and we danced away the last hours of 2009. Confetti was in abundance and everywhere we went, we were showered with more and more. We even managed to accidentally bring a lot of it home with us in our hair, clothes, and shoes. Sadly, none of us won raffle prizes, but we did walk away with $33 extra dollars in our pocket from the money-balloon drop. I thought the party was great, and I hope we are in town to go next year too!



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. i loved every second of these pictures! oh my goodness, your parents as power rangers are cracking me up. you all had some serious moves!!! What a fun night!!!

    ReplyDelete