I can't believe Christmas is actually over.
Why do the best days always go by so fast.
No fair...
We've been having lots of fun while staying at my parents house! Not having the constant thought of school running through my head, really gives me the chance to do some serious relaxing.
Ahhh.....
So on Christmas Eve, my mom made a delicious dinner:
Baked ham, candied yams, potatoes, rolls.... you get the idea :)
My taste buds were in heaven. I even think my stomach has actually grown a little bigger since we've been here. I have managed to stuff more into it than normal. No stopping those holiday pounds now!
The first week we were here, everyday, a neighbor or friend of my parents brought by a delicious treat.
I ate it.
My mom made toffee, fudge, and peppermint bark.
I ate it.
We got a TON of candy in our stockings.
I ate it.
All the yummy treats my parents have stocked at home.
I ate it.
Basically everything I saw...
I ate it.
And.... it was sooooo worth it.
The 5 of us had a lovely time together as a family.
We, of course, enjoyed some tasty Martinelli's. As you can see, my dad really liked it.It's called a Parol.
Parols are ornamental star-like Christmas lanterns from the Philippines. They are traditionally made out of bamboo and paper and come in various sizes, shapes and designs; however, their star-shape facade and basic design remain dominant.
The shape is said to be inspired by the star on the Nativity of Jesus that guided the Magi to the manger. It also symbolizes the victory of light over darkness and the Filipinos' hope and goodwill during the Christmas season. (Thank you Wikipedia)
Gotta represent!
Can't you tell?
(Totally festive with my flannel shirt. Love it!)
In addition to simply talking on the phone with Cliff, we also got to video chat with him! It was fun to actually see him. We spent most of the time making faces at each other. It was funny to see the look on people's faces as they walked behind Cliff. We could tell they were staring at his computer screen and probably didn't know they were on Cliff's web cam as well. They must have enjoyed all the extreme close-ups and crazy faces.
In addition to simply talking on the phone with Cliff, we also got to video chat with him! It was fun to actually see him. We spent most of the time making faces at each other. It was funny to see the look on people's faces as they walked behind Cliff. We could tell they were staring at his computer screen and probably didn't know they were on Cliff's web cam as well. They must have enjoyed all the extreme close-ups and crazy faces.Who wouldn't?!
After some tasty dessert made by mwah, we settled down and watched what most families watch on Christmas Eve:
Prison Break.
I decided to bring season one with me from Utah, thinking my parents would also like the show. And I was right! We got them hooked. We finished season one the first week we were here, and now they have season 2 coming through Netflix.
As I have gotten older, falling asleep on Christmas Eve gets easier and easier. And waking up for presents gets later and later. Sometimes I miss being a little kid and having all the excitement. But I think all the excitement will come back once we have kids of our own!

Cute!! I love your posts. so creative. That is funny about the matching PJs, Christmas wouldn't be the same without that. I also feel the same way, I wish I was more excited like when we were kids, but oh well!
ReplyDeletePS, I am doing the schedule for next week, so I just wanted to know what your school schedule is and when you can work. You can email me or comment back. Thanks!!
that is so cool/crazy people are starting to video chat with missionaries. we just got a phone call from my hubby's brother.
ReplyDelete