So about a month ago, we got a little coupon thingy in the mail from Kohls.
I love getting the mail and will look through whatever we get, even though most of the time it really is just junk.
So I see the little ad from Kohls and it said that I could get $10 off a purchase of $10 or more!
Hmmm....
So does that mean I could find something for $10.50 and really only pay $.50???
Sounded good to me! Any excuse to shop is great. And I decided that my goal was to spend less than 5 bucks. Gotta love being a poor, married, college student!
So I headed to Kohls. I never really go there, so I had no idea what to look for. I figured the least I could get was a pair of socks for Kevin or something. So I walk in the store and *BAM* big 'ol CLEARANCE signs catch my eye. I love when I find good deals. I don't know about you, but when I find something in my size and it's the only one left, I feel like it's meant to be and i HAVE to buy it.
I begin to search through the extremely messy, unorganized clearance racks. As I start to get frustrated, I remind my self that Kevin has class till 9pm tonight anyways, so what's the rush? After a bit of a while, I came across some flannel.
Hmm... flannel... definitely trendy at the moment, but do I really want to be part of that trend?
Oh, but it's Christmas colors and looks so cozy!
Then I imagined myself wearing it during Christmas break and how festive the shirt was.
Well, there's absolutely nothing else here and since I HAVE to get something to SAVE money...
I'm just going to get it and I will wait to wear it after Thanksgiving.
PERFECT!
So I check the price tag... $10.25... OH MY GOSH...
AND
the only one in my size
This is the perfect example of one of those meant-to-be/have-to-buy moments.
Then I look up and see that all clearance items are an additional 25% off.
Oh no...
There goes my perfect plan. But I decided rather than give up, I would find something for a couple of dollars. My first thought was to get a chocolate bar that I so happened to notice by the register. Quickly, I reminded myself I ate like 4 cookies at home before going shopping.
Let's see...
I started to wander around the store. Earrings? No, I am still entirely in love the the ones my parents bought me that match my wedding ring. So I walked around the store like twice and then finally saw a bunch of candles by the register! And they were like $3 or something like that.
BINGO.
I picked out my favorite one (a Christmas scent of course) and headed to the register.
Total was:
$2.77
Wahoo! A shirt and a Candle for $2.77.
I finally wore it yesterday and definitely enjoyed it's cozy warmth. I did feel a little silly when I would walk by other girls wearing similar flannel shirts, but oh well!
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteYou are quite possibly the most photogenic person on the face of the planet! And I love the flannel!
Lindsey