23 November 2009

Snickerdoodles

I have never made snickerdoodles before!
I remember one time I wanted to but didn't have cream of tarter and had no idea what it was. So I went to the grocery store to find it and after walking around just about everywhere, I gave up and drove home. I don't know why I didn't just ask someone who worked there.

But last month, while I was at the grocery store picking up all the spices for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies... BAM... I see cream or tarter! Ohhhh... it's kind of like a spice! I thought it was some kind of milk/cream. It is called CREAM of tarter. No wonder it wasn't in the refrigerator section. So I decided to pick up some cream of tarter since I finally found it!

Kevin has requested many times that I make snickerdoodles. Now that I have all the ingredients, I was finally able to make them! It took me a while to decide on the recipe to use. I feel like snickerdoodles have to be a certain way or else they are no good. The main part being that they are soft and chewy. Crunchy snickerdoodles are just not ideal. So after searching and comparing recipes, I finally found one and headed into the kitchen.

Snickerdoodles are SO easy to make. I guess no cookies are really hard to make, but snickerdoodles are easier than the average cookie. I never realized that all the cinnamon on the outside of the cookies are from rolling the dough in cinnamon and sugar. So fun!
I am very pleased with how the cookies turned out. And Kevin agreed with me. I say this in the most humble way possible...they were the best snickerdoodles I have had.
Perfectly soft in the center and the flavor was just right.
The recipe I found is a keeper!



Now let's just see how long they last :)



1 comment: