02 November 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween was pretty fun this year!


I am totally into embracing the holidays, so I tried to do everything Halloween I could.
I mentioned previously how I watched all 4 of the Halloweentown movies the weekend before.
I saved the best for last...
On Saturday, I watched Hocus Pocus and Adams Family!
Classics...
Kendra was over doing laundry, so she got to enjoy the Halloween movies with me!

Earlier in the week, I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the girls I visit teach. I only baked what I needed and I froze the rest to bake on Saturday. The cookies were so tasty, even though I accidentally put in 2/3 cup of sugar, instead of 1 cup.

Note to self: when grabbing a measuring cup out of the cupboard, check the size. Just because it looks like the biggest one, doesn't mean it's the 1 cup.

I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And now that I have the random ingredients to make them (nutmeg, ginger, and cloves- what an investment! Since when did spices get so expensive. It actually took me a few times going to the grocery store to finally decide to buy them. Totally worth it), I will be making them a few more times over the next couple months!
Seeing this picture makes me want mooooore. So between the cookies my mom sent us and the pumpkin cookies I made, all I ate on Halloween during the day were cookies. I can hear the fat forming on my thighs.


I saved all the pumpkin seeds from when we carved pumpkins! I have always loved pumpkins seeds too.




As you can see, I was a little busy in the kitchen on Saturday. But my favorite thing of all that I made was my Halloween cake! I found this idea online a few weeks ago, and was sooo excited to give it a try. And I think it turned out pretty sweet!

The Bride of Frankenstein




So proud!




For Halloween, Kevin and I were going to dress up as Old People. I thought it would be a fun, cheap, and easy costume. It ended up being for Kevin, but I just didn't have enough of the accessories to pull it off. So I opted for the only other Halloween costume I had from two years ago.
All of the furniture in our condo is evidence that we rent from an older guy. So they made for nice props with Kevin's costume. First, here is Kevin in the recliner that also helps you stand up.



And here is Kevin using the chair lift. Too funny!




And me as a candy corn!




Me and my husband, 50 years from now. Complete with the polo shirt, polyester pants, comfy running shoes, fanny pack to hold his medications & small comb, a few extra pounds in the belly, large classes, old hat, and comb over.




Nick,Mandi, & Jude were pirates! So cute right?!




Awww... lil Jude is a cuuuutie!



Kevin using his belly to hold Jude up. So silly...



3 more weeks of school 'til Thanksgiving Break! Wahoo!



3 comments:

  1. Loved your blog. Great job on the cake. And Kevin....looks so funny as an old man. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the: costumes, cake, cookies, EVERYTHING in this blog! I love Halloween toooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha stan would be proud to see kevin using his stuff as props! i love it!

    ReplyDelete