11 June 2009

My First Cake!

I absolutely LOVE my cake decorating class. It is so much fun and I look forward to going every Wednesday evening. So I had to bake and frost a cake at home and bring it to class to decorate last night.
Here is what my cake turned out like:

Not too bad, if I say so myself! I was quite proud of myself :)

And here is what it looked like after I decorated it!





We learned how to do the little icing dot thingys, practiced writing, and learned some edge decor.


I had to put chocolate somewhere on this baby!


Not too bad for the first cake of my professional career ;)


Anybody wanna bite?!







6 comments:

  1. I wanna bite! Nice job Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! That class sounds FABULOUS! I seriously need to take a class like that ASAP!!!
    Your first cake is AMAZING!!! Now I am craving cake. BIG TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake Lisa made is amazing...I know :) She is sooo talented! She must have gotten that from her wonderful mommy Cheryl. We, at the Hiatt house are very impressed to say the least and it is yummy too!!! :) That piece sitting on the counter she shows was eaten very quickly...by Shalee and me. She was lucky to get that picture before it was gone! haha! She is having fun thinking of her next masterpiece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lisa so amazing after just your first class! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh my gosh that looks so delicious. and it's very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we made my sister's wedding cake and that was an adventure! check out bakerella's blog to see how she makes an 12 layer cake! it's awesome

    ReplyDelete