04 June 2009

Cakes!

Lately, I have been really stuck on cake decorating shows (Ace of Cakes, Food Network Challenge, Cake Boss). So I decided to enroll in a cake decorating class for fun! I know I will never be as talented as those on TV, but I think it looks like fun trying!


Last night was my first night of classes and even though we just went over the basics of preparing the actual cake and frosting it, I already feel like I learned so much! For next week's class, we have to bake and frost a cake at home and then bring it to class to decorate. I need my cake to look like this:




And the frosting needs to be even more smooth. Suzy (the instructor of the class) showed us a bunch of methods to make our cake look this perfect. I am entirely nervous to even bake the cake and not have it stick to the pan when I flip it, let alone frost it. Luckily we have a recipe to make the frosting, which will be easier to use than the store bought ones. WHEW.

Wish me luck!


I will definitely post the picture of my first cake next week!

5 comments:

  1. how fun! that would be a great stay at/work from home mom profession!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a college class? too awesome! cant wait to see your cake :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am so excited! I am hoping I have a hidden talent. The class I am taking is definitely not a college class (thankgoodness). I said goodbye to Provo, including BYU, for the summer! I wish BYU had a class like that though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about signing up for one too! Are doing it through Michael's or a store like that? Did you just pay for the class or the class plus supplies? How many weeks does it last? Haha, I know that's a lot of questions, but you got me all curious now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candice-
    You should totally do it! I signed up for a class at Michael's. I had to pay for the class and the supplies. The total wasn't that bad, but a little more than I would have liked. The class at Michael's is sponsored by Wilton, so it is legit. There are 4 levels, each consisting of 4 classes (one class a week) and you have to pay for each level. I really like the class and totally recommend it!

    ReplyDelete