Well, we made it! Last week, Kevin & I said "good-bye" to Utah for the summer! It felt so good to be done with school. Nothing can describe the feeling of walking out of the testing center after taking that last final of the semester. It was simply glorious. I am so looking forward to next April when I walk out of the testing center for the last time of my life. That will be liberating! HA.
We left Provo a little after 6AM with Kendra and Dan following in Kendra's car. I don't know how Kevin did it, but he managed to fit all of our stuff for the summer AND his recording equipment into 2, not so large cars. Since Kendra was only going home for a week, we were able to use her car for the move. We made it to Los Alamitos in about 9 hours.
On Friday, Kevin went to his first day at his internship. His internship is at a post production sound studio in Burbank. From what I hear, the studio mainly does post sound for TV. It took him about an hour to drive to Burbank and about 2 hours to drive home with traffic. Yeeeks. Needless to say, he will only be making that drive twice a week. Kevin said the studio is pretty nice and he has a lot to learn!
Later that night, Laci had a movie party for a bunch of the singles in her church ward. They watched the movie What About Bob and ate a bunch of junk food. Kevin and I stuck around for a little bit and rejoined the party when Laci's famous Monkey Bread was finished baking. Her Monkey Bread is delicious and I would be quite satisfied eating it everyday for the rest of my life.
Saturday, Kevin and I helped collect food from his neighborhood for the stake's food drive. It was incredible to see how much food was donated; 20,000 pounds to be exact. I know! That is a 10 tons of food! Just imagine seeing it all! Later that day, we went to Sunset beach with Kevin's sisters, Kendra & Shalee only to greeted with freezing cold wind. We tried to lay out and get a nice tan, but after freezing for an hour, we headed home. Since we got here, I've only taken one pic and here it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment