Cliff is now serving his mission.
I'm really gonna miss the guy, but I'd have it no other way. I am SO SO SO proud of him and at the same time SO SO SO excited. He'll be in the MTC for the next couple months. It's crazy to think he'll know how to speak Tagalog when I see him next. He'll be able to have conversations with my dad and my mom and I will have no idea what they are talking about! NO FAIR.
Dropping Cliff off at the MTC wasn't the easiest thing. It was hard to say goodbye for me, so that means it was like a bajillion times harder for my parents. I think it would have been a bajillion times easier to just drop him off with a simple "see ya in 2 years!" But no, you get to linger with him for a little bit. See him get his name tag. Listen to the MTC leaders remind you just how great these missionaries are. AND THEN, watch a video that was basically made to make you cry. Boy, that was a hard hour and totally worth it. I am not looking forward to when I have to go through that with my kids.
But I just gotta remember what Cliff said:
"I'm not gonna be gone forever, just two years! This goodbye isn't permanent"
ya, ya ya....
No comments:
Post a Comment