After dealing with 120382031 degree Utah weather and moving 2342348230 boxes into a Uhal and then moving them out of the Uhaul.... we are finally moved in! It was so unbelievably hot last Saturday and moving in the middle of the afternoon did not help much. But after 4 hours of hard labor (mainly for Kevin, mine was just regular labor. *i love you hunny!* ), we had all of our stuff in our new place! Well, kind of. The condo Kevin and I are moving in will not be available until the end of September, and thankfully, the landlord is letting us stay in the basement studio for free until then! And let me tell you, going from a 2,000 sq ft place to a 360 sq ft place is possible! That is if you don't mind boxes stacked to the sealing and hardly any space to even turn around. Our bed consisting of 2 twin beds squished together is basically the most space we actually have in our tiny studio. I think it is kind of fun living so close together since our last place was so big. Even though the space is so small, we only have a month until we are in our condo and this little studio basement well be Kevin's Recording Stuido #2. As most of you know, I am a big TLC fan. Every Sunday evening, TLC has had these specials on "different" kinds of people. A few weeks ago, there was a special on Hoarders (i think that's how you spell it). Hoarders are people who have SO much stuff and never get rid of anything. It was so crazy watching how this one lady's apartment was soooo full, it looked like her whole apartment was a tiny closet. Both Kevin and I are starting to feel that way currently as we are surrounded by our belongings. I have moved 8 times over the past 3 years i have been in Provo. Each time I have moved, I always tell myself I need to down size. After getting married, it is impossible. Between all my stuff, all Kevin's stuff, all Kevin's recording/music stuff, and all of the stuff we received at our wedding...... we just have TOO MUCH STUFF! I am so glad that we don't have to move again for at least 8 months. (HA). If you get the vibe, that I am complaining about our new place, I am sorry. Kevin and I are truly happy we found this place and our studio really isn't that bad, its just hard for me to be okay with the mess (boxes) surrounding me always. And our new condo is so nice and such a blessing for us. I probably won't post pictures of this studio, just because it is kind of embarrassing. But once we move into the condo, I will!.
So to add to our busy day moving on Saturday. We found out the battery in my car needed a replacement. Kevin and I came out of Doc's Pizza to a dead car. Luckily we are in Utah and a good Samaritan gave a us a jump start. We drove the car around for a little bit to charge the battery in case the battery died from me leaving the lights on or something like that. We then drove to our old place to get all of our food to bring to the studio. And what do you know... the car is dead AGAIN. stinkin battery. So Kevin and I both call our Dad's and ask them how to do that whole rolling-auto jump start-thingy that manual cars are supposed to be able to do. There Kevin and I are, trying to move the car into a position where it could roll and we could try it. We push it up the court to the top since it there was a little hill and then Kevin ran and pushed. and of course.... it didn't work. Lovely.
(I hate problems with stuff like this. Cars, computers, Internet, toilets, any type of "thing" that is supposed to work and it doesn't just makes me really upset. Unless my dad or brother is around; they seem to fix everything for me.)
Thank goodness for my scooter! Kevin and I hop on the scooter and drive to Shopko for some jumper cables. After a lot of tries, this old junker finally got my car to start and we drove home. Oh ya, and this whole time, we had all of our food in the car, including fridge and freezer stuff. The next day, Kevin's friend Dan came and jump started our car again and we drove it to Walmart. They tested our battery and it died instantly. Luckily it was just a dead battery and nothing else.
School starts a week from today and I am not excited.
THE END.
HOLA!
ReplyDeletewait... did I miss something? you and kevin sleep on twin beds? like... separately? HAHA I love you Lisa and I really do miss you!! Guess what (shhh...) I am putting in my mission papers!
hey that is a really funny story....well good to know that things are going well with moving...love ya
ReplyDelete